Reblogging this because I love cats. Yep. Cats.
Hi guys. Can you do me a favor? :))
If you’re not busy, can you please go to this link and leave a comment in any post of your choice?
Any post. You can comment anything (as long as it’s relevant and not vulgar/nonsense).
My dad asked me to help him. Thanks! :)
Oh, the 4chan attacks. XD
I remember those days, when everyone on Tumblr panicked because they were so afraid that those stupid 4chan hackers would invade their blogs. XD
I was one of them. I had to make my blog blank to avoid invasion. Lolwhat. If you get invaded, btw, your theme changes to the default theme, and your posts get erased (?).
Noong 2011…at mas maaga pa dun
I’ve been in Tumblr since ‘09 and a lot has changed, aside from the dash and the visually amazing welcome sign in screen that is.
- there were fewer people…a looot fewer (oxymoron!) than this
- TUMBLARITY - It’s like Karma in Plurk
- This is how it looked like:
on the dash
- And on a separate page where you could see all the stats of it
- Once a post reach the 10,000-20,000 note-mark, it’s like THE MOTHER OF ALL POSTS
- Gifs werent really considered “graphics” back then. Just funny moving pictures of people and things that are considered extremely humorous in the Tumblr community
- These gifs were also widely used to response on TAs
- HARRY POTTER WAS EVERYWHERE (and I loved every day of it) because Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 was due on in cinemas that year
- People typed a word like ~`*tHis*`~ to give emphasis and it was not a bad thing
- Tumblr changed its layout
- Themes by Gabriel Wee, Kiyla, Coryjohnny, and Sarah Mogin were just everywhere. Probably the most used themes were by them
- CUSTOMIZATION of Dashboards through Chrome extensions was a thing
- Tumblr was a lot more colorful (and I like how it is now too. I love both just about the same)
- There was a point in Tumblr (Filipino Community) where everybody had gone cray-cray over happykevin (Kuya Kevin Retuya) and kimpoy06pao(Kimpoy Feliciano). People swarmed in their blogs, posts, heck people just talked about them!
- And of course, there was a time where a number of haters started to emerge for both known bloggers
- A debate whether TUMBLR FAMOUS existed or not, I hopped in the bandwagon myself. Ha!
- back in 09-11 users used TUMBLR MOSAIC VIEWER to reblog their own posts. The wordarts users used it most.
- Wordarts and “typographies” were done by almost everybody too
- Tumblr was quieter
- Less hate…
- and how can I forget the …CERTAINNUMBERHEREchan attack to the users of Tumblr. Goodness, the measures we’ve done to avoid their trolling. They started to “attack” and “show up” through forms of spam/troll accounts with random letters and numbedfsd“The only thing permanent is change”, and for the rough four years I’ve been here Tumblr has changed, a lot actually. Change isn’t always bad, sometimes it’s just a show of how complex some things are and how they could be altered as time comes. I’m going to lie if I told you that I do not want the old Tumblr because I do.
I saw how this blogging site bloomed into a place where people could be accepted whether they like photography, art, literature, weird crazy shit, it doesn’t matter. As long as you’re a user and you do your own shit. It’s totally fine.
That’s what I love the most about it,
There’s always a place for every single person, with every single thing they are passionate about.
Tumblr may be different now but it constantly will do changes be it intentional by David and Macro (creators) or by the users themselves, Tumblr will remain a huge part of my life and that my dear reader; wont change.
wid n Lwlerbear: I remember the days. :)) I wish I could go back to, you know, have a little visit.
^ That’s the answer of a co-freshman when the host asked us the question, “Bakit UP?” :))
We just had our Freshman Orientation Program (FOP) yesterday, and boy, it was fun. :D I’m so happy that I decided to go, even if I was gonna commute alone. I’m still new in this place, and I don’t know much about the places here. My brother briefed me about the places and landmarks and jeepneys and stuff for two days, though, and I’m so happy because he let me go to UP alone. Yayy! :D Hahahaha
I arrived at UP 10-15 minutes after the FOP has started. I decided to wait for Ali (HS classmate/friend) at the Infirmary so that we could go to to the orientation together… as latecomers, of course. HAHAHA. :) After what it seems like an eternity, Ali texted me to go to AS instead to meet him there. -_- I rode a jeep to get there, and then we went together to NIP. It was already almost 1 pm when we got there, and it was kind of embarrassing, because the FOP has already started and everyone was there already. Ali and I ran to the nearest empty seats, which were located in front. Sa front pa talaga kami umupo ha. Hahaha nakakahiya.
We watched a damn lot of videos about the different offices of UP. There were also intermission numbers (UP Concert Chorus, UP Singing Ambassadors, etc), which were really great. The best part of the FOP was the last part, where the UP Pep Squad (OMG! HAHAHHA) taught us the different cheers of UP. U-nibersidad ng Pilipinas! :D
The FOP ended at 5:30, and I panicked a little because my brother instructed me to go home on or before 4:00, so that I wouldn’t have a hard time looking for a ride home. Thank God I arrived home safely, from UPD to Katipunan to Sta. Lucia to Taytay. Even though I got lost at Taytay (I dropped at Filoil Estrella instead of the next Filoil. Oh, I don’t wanna talk about it) and I almost thought that the tricycle driver would kidnap me, I’m glad that everything went well in the end.
My Tita said that it’s normal for me to get lost, since it’s my first time commuting alone in Manila (and not to mention my 3rd time pa lang to go to UP). Oh well.
I’m enrolled, btw! :D I’m too lazy to blog about it. It was really energy-draining, but I survived. I’m officially an Iskolar ng Bayan! :D Yayyyy
Hey veechachosss (sounds like Cheetos HAHAHAHA K)
For privacy purposes. Charot. =)) Hahaha ibabalik ko naman to sa Llerbear. :D Next week siguro or next month. :D
So, you’re saying that I’m a nice person? Yayyyy hahahahahaahahahha! :D
10 Random Facts About Myself
- I don’t sleep with a pillow under my head. Sometimes, though, I use a pillow, but it has to be really flat/thin. Haha :)
- I have time management issues.
- I’m not picky when it comes to food. I eat almost all kinds of food, except ampalaya and durian. XD
- I love to swim but I always regret it after I do, because I get really dark. :/
- I can be really deaf sometimes. Hahaha
- We used to have a lot of dogs, but my parents decided to stop having them when a puppy bit me.
- I miss CdeO. :( I miss my family, friends, house, and everything about CdeO. :/
- I’m so excited for college, and IDK why. XD I think it’s because I’m bored as hell here. -_-
- I drink 2198379823798723989 glasses of water a day. Hahaha. I can drink a whole pitcher of water in less than a minute.
- I’m fat. Lul.
First vlog ever. Thanks to the people who asked questions and hopefully, this won’t be my last vlog :>
OMG I think I have made a mistake. XD It shouldn’t have been anon. Hahahaha! :D Hi Meg! :D I’m In Manila na, btw. I’m in Taytay. XD
I had to use my phone because I didn’t bring a camera. :/ Sorry for the low quality photos. XD
Yes, I’m keeping my fingers crossed. XD Thank you so much! :)
A New Chapter Unfolds
My life is completely different now, and change is inevitable.
I’m now in Manila and I’m living in my Tita’s house. I must admit that I’m still trying to adjust myself here. This is now a different house, and therefore the rules here are different. No more lazy days. No more okay-I’m-just-gonna-sleep-here-so-don’t-you-dare-disturb-me moments.No more party2x days. Hahaha :) :(
The weather here is so hot, and I’m having a hard time because of that. It seems that all the heat in the world is trapped in this house. Yes, the weather in CDO is also hot, but it’s different here — it’s 1000000x hotter. I guess that the weather’s the reason why pimples are invading my forehead and why I have so many mouth sores. :(
I can’t wait for school to start. I can’t wait to move into my dorm. I’m a stubborn person, and I hate following rules. I don’t like waking up early in the morning and trying to be a good person all the time.
I miss my family so much, especially my mom. I miss her sweet, soothing voice. I miss our house. I miss the atmosphere in CDO. I miss, I miss, I miss.